This Policy describes the information that we gather from you via the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Trucker Path Terms of Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the Trucker Path Terms of Service.
Published Date: Jul 08, 2022
The information we collect on the Service:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card, banking or other billing or payment information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with personal information when you register for an account, use the Service, post User Content, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging features, or send us customer service-related requests. We may also collect non-personal information associated with your use of the Service.
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs" or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. “Automatically collected” information may also include device tokens or other forms of device identification. Device tokens or similar device identifiers are unique to each mobile device and we use them to send push notifications to your device. These device identifiers do not provide any of your personally identifiable information. This information is gathered from all users.
- Messages. Some of our Services offer messaging features such as email, chat or SMS, and our Services may use these messaging features to enhance the Services. If you use these messaging features we may collect, store and scan information contained therein. If the messaging feature used is SMS you will be given the opportunity to opt-in prior to using this messaging feature, and to opt-out at any time.
- Third Party Web Beacons, Third Party Buttons, and API utilization. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Service that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third-party content on the Service. Additionally, we may implement third-party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Trucker Path does not participate in that data transmission. Additionally, we may share application programming interface utilization statistics of third party APIs with those third parties, and specifically with Facebook. If you wish to opt out of sharing data with Facebook, please email us at email@example.com. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- Information from our TruckLoads Feature. If you use the TruckLoads feature of the Service, we may track your location and the location of the parcels you transport. If you accept a transport request through the TruckLoads feature, the Shipper who has made such request may also be able to track the location of the parcels you transport on its behalf. If you are a Shipper, and you use the TruckLoads feature of the Service, we may track and store the location of the parcels you ship through the Service.
- Usage of Location Data: When you use the Trucker Path app or TruckLoads app, we (Trucker Path app and TruckLoads app, and other Trucker Path mobile services) collect information about your location data to better serve your needs while using our platform, for example, our users can find the most suitable nearby places-of-interests and best rated trucking amenities, easily search for addresses relevant to their location, and access safe truck routing, planning a complete trip, utilize our turn-by-turn voice instruction, finding nearby freight to move. The location data will be continuously collected to give you the most up-to-date information when you return.
The Categories of Information We Collect
- Account Information: If you create an account on Trucker Path, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account. Your username, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile.
- Public Content: The information that you post to Trucker Path is intended for public consumption, including your status updates, reviews, tips, photos, check-ins, comments, likes, and account profile.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from Trucker Path, you can opt out of them anytime by unsubscribing from the link contained in every email. If you provided your phone number, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and send you transactional texts, you can opt out of them anytime by replying with STOP. Carriers may charge recipients for the texts they send and receive.
- Usage Activity: We may store information about your use of Trucker Path, such as your search activity, the trips you've built, the POIs you've engaged with, the loads you've viewed, the reviews you've left. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of Trucker Path, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
How we use the information we collect. We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- Handling of Location Data: When you use the Trucker Path app or TruckLoads app, we (Trucker Path app and TruckLoads app, and other Trucker Path mobile services) may use anonymized, statistical, or aggregated information, including continuous anonymized data, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user to operate and enhance Trucker Path platform services. These include, but are not strictly limited to truck specific navigation, finding places-of-interest on map nearby, freight recommendation.
- You can delete your account data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and notifying us your user account and request to permanently delete your account and the data associated with it. These include the reviews and reports you’ve made, your past search history, location data, favourites, and address book. Some transaction data related to payments and membership subscription will be retained for a longer period of time in compliance with tax, business, fraud-prevention, and accounting purposes.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. We use Flurry Analytics and other analytics services to collect and process certain analytics data; Flurry Analytics provides some additional privacy options.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content posted on the Service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate Service usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service; (vi) provide push notifications on mobile devices; and (vii) in the case of Shippers and truckers, to track the location of the parcels being tracked through the Service.
- We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
Data Retention Practices
- Data generated from user's behavior and actions while using Trucker Path app is stored anonymously within AWS and segmented by user privacy tiers. The following rules are applied to the storage of this data.
- PII related data is stored in a separate database. This database is encrypted via KMS and relies on hardware
encryption, and the key is rotated regularly.
- All other data is stored in respective database, disk, and object storage. During the data storage process, we
apply KMS hardware encryption and periodically rotate the secret key.
- The data storage process includes the creation of multiple backups across different locations, which also follows
the same encryption rules. The data snapshots follow these processes:
- The retention period of client-side snapshots are 1 day. After 7 days, these backups and snapshots will expire and
will be no longer recoverable.
- Database backups: full backup 1/day
- Snapshots: 1/day, stored for 7 days
- Server Backups: full backup 1/day
- Snapshots: 1/day, stored for 7 days
- PII Backup: stored indefinitely or until user requests to be deleted
- All data backups including primary backups and snapshots are securely stored on a readily accessible cloud storage
system for 7 to 21 days following the creation of the backup.
- Backups are tested on a quarterly basis and the restore results are recorded.
- Users are able easily request their data to be permanently deleted via in-app channels as well as contacting our
support channels at email@example.com
Attn: Data Privacy Manager
7th floor, 2828 N Central Ave
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”),California residents have certain rights around Trucker Path collection, use, and sharing of their personal information.
Trucker Path does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
Trucker Path collects various categories of personal information when you use the Service, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow Trucker Path to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request.
You have the right to opt-out of the "sale" of any personal information, doing so will not affect or impact your usage of Trucker Path at all. You may send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Separate from the CCPA, California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask companies what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you request such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed above.
European Resident: Your Privacy Rights Under GDPR
If you are a European Resident, you have the right to access your personal data, and the right to request that we correct, update, or delete your personal data. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, and request portability of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. The Service generally provides you with a reasonable means to view and change your profile information and you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
When we disclose information. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent, except any information may be disclosed if it is not personally identifiable by an email address or phone number. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you have voluntarily chosen to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- Any contact information you provide through the TruckLoads feature can be shared with all other users of the Service. You expressly consent to this use in addition to the following:
- When you make a bid or directly book loads via the TruckLoads app or website, your contact information will be shared with the entity that posted that load.
- When you post your truck via the TruckLoads app or website, your contact information will be available to TruckLoads business partners searching for capacity.
- When you have opted to join the Trucker Path Carrier Network and authorized us to make your profile searchable by TruckLoads business partners, your profile and contact information will be displayed in the search results of searches conducted by TruckLoads business partners that match your profile information.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law),in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements),or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- If you accept a transport request via our TruckLoads feature, we may provide location information of the parcels you carry to the requesting Shipper.
- We also may disclose your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
- If you provide us with your USDOT or MC number, we may share any information you provide to us, including location data, unless you expressly opt-out. Please note your information may be re-identifiable based on your USDOT or MC number.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Do Not Track Settings
Your device operating system or browser may include settings, options, or add-on components to control the placement and presence of cookies and access to location information. We do not track our users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and do not specifically respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the Internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
The Service may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without obtaining parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trucker Path, Inc.Download PDF
2828 North Central Ave., 7th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85004